1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Smoke weed. I first tried it in May.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made a resolution to apply for the graphic design program on a whim (because at first I was just going to do it in 2013, which I still will) and even though I didn’t get in, it was a great learning experience…2013 will be my year though. And my resolution to lose weight has been stalled for a year and a half because of prednisone! Damn. But I will have a fit sexy body not just for the beach but for life.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada (my cousin’s wedding)
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Graphic design program, my dream body (117-121 lbs and size 4/6), to be fit for life…
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Mat Kearney concert on February 22 in San Francisco. Cecilio and I were literally at the front and center. I kept trying to get him to shake my hand but he mostly did it with the people at the sides. It was just so surreal that he was just a few feet from me…I hope I can say that about Stephen Christian someday.
August 22 was the day I got my license back after it was suspended for 8 months (from having a seizure last year). It felt freeing from all the times Cecilio and my dad had to drive me everywhere.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going back to school in the fall after taking a semester off in the spring, getting my license back, losing weight in October
9. What was your biggest failure?
not getting in the graphic design program…
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was still recovering from my seizure…I had to take speech therapy the whole month of January. It’s amazing how far I have come.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
workout DVDs (the Lauren Brooks one that I lost but cost $40, Ballet Beautiful, Ballet Body), Vital (Anberlin’s new album, that I still can’t stop playing in my car)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I don’t know…
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My mom whenever we had bad fights…
14. Where did most of your money go?
clothes, food, workout DVDs, bills
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
getting my license back, going to Canada, and Vital
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2012?
anything from Vital
"Waiting Alone" by Shiny Toy Guns
"Somebody that I Used to Know" by Gotye
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Healthier and happier. I was such a mess last year.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
worked on my graphic design portfolio more. But I did what I could, and worked my ass off for it despite taking a semester off and not being able to drive to see the professors as much as I would’ve liked.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Fighting with my mom.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my family on Christmas eve and Cecilio’s family on Christmas!
23. How many one-night stands?
0. I am still with the same love for 3 years and 10 months <3
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Right now I’m really into Catfish.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I hope not. I try not too hate.
26. What was the best book you read?
none…bad, I need to start reading more.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
-Shiny Toy Guns…thanks to my love for introducing me to them
-One Direction..they are my secret pleasures, LOL
-The Classic Crime…Relevant Magazine asked on facebook who is the best most underrated band, and a lot of people said this band. So I looked them up and liked what I heard and downloaded a few songs. Cecilio said that they sound almost exactly like Anberlin (and can see why I liked them a lot) so I downloaded more songs! They are with Tooth and Nail Records (where Anberlin used to be), and they toured together too, so it makes sense to why I like them so much…
28. What did you want and get?
my license back, and weight loss (which didn’t happen until late October)
29. What did you want and not get?
the graphic design program.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
the Katy Perry movie.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
23. Ate out a lot (Shoki Ramen House, Outback, and Tres Hermanas…and Rick’s Dessert’s Diner)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting in the graphic design program, but I guess it wasn’t God’s will for me because I was still recovering, and it would’ve been too much for me after taking a semester off…plus, my advanced drawing class was already intense enough as it is, I can’t imagine how much more difficult the program will be
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
comfy, but not as fashionable as I wanted to be because of the weight gain from prednisone. I started wearing more Abercrombie and Hollister stuff for some reason. But now I’m updating my wardrobe to more vintage-inspired pieces I guess
34. What kept you sane?
Cecilio, throughout all my crying and going crazy about the graphic design program, being fat, and not having my license back.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Anberlin of course, and Mat Kearney…
36. What political issues stirred you the most?
I guess the election…yes please Obama.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
all my SFA (Student Fashion Association) peeps!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
work hard, and appreciate everything you have before it gets taken away from you. It usually takes a catastrophe before you realize that you can’t take stuff for granted.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Why do you stay until you see blood
Why does the weight fall upon us
Were on the same side in the same war
Why stay ’till you see blood
Self Starter (Anberlin)